At Better Healthcare Services we have built our reputation on the quality delivered to both clients and candidates alike.
We are members of REC Health and Social Care, the governing body of the recruitment industry. The REC aims to ensure its’ members adhere to promote honesty, professionalism and integrity, and we are staffed by members of REC, whose purpose is to raise and maintain recruitment operating standards within Europe by promoting education, training and development.
STEP 1 – Locating the Right Candidate
Better Healthcare Services is part of the Diamond Resourcing Group, a brand recognised as a market leader within its core industry sectors. People in our industry know and trust Better Healthcare Services as a company and the Better Healthcare Services consultants as individuals. To ensure that we are aware of the current situation of potential candidates in these sectors we make it as easy as possible for them to keep in touch with us. For example, our consultants all keep abreast of the issues within their specific industry sectors and we have this website to attract a steady flow of new enquiries and candidates. We also have a regular programme of both client led and generic web and journal advertising that attracts new candidates and maintains our company profile.
The recruitment we have done since we started in 1988 for our clients has, by default, seen us build up an enviable candidate database that we are able to refer to in the first instance each time we win a new recruitment assignment. We are also renowned as a leading player in both the retained business arena and the client led advertising arena, which are much used methods employed to produce suitable candidates for specific roles. We have a specialised search and selection division for headhunting those hard to surface candidates, backed by a very successful resourcing team. By employing one or more of these recruiting methods Better Healthcare Services is assured of supplying you with the right person for your job every time.
STEP 2 – Securing Your Candidate
Competition to recruit the best candidate can be fierce. Just when you think you’ve found the right person for the job, somebody else beats you to them. Better Healthcare Services can help you ward off these competitors. Our industry knowledge means we can advise on the best method of recruitment, along with putting together the most appropriate package to help secure your chosen candidates.
This doesn’t always mean offering the highest salary either, as other factors such as a structured career path and a clear training strategy are just as important to many professionals. To ensure that the candidate you want today becomes your employee tomorrow, it is important to utilise the specialist skills available within Better Healthcare Services
STEP 3 – Managing the Interim Staff Shortages
In the same way that no two clients have the same needs, no two recruitment campaigns are treated in the same manner, or completed within the same time scales. This will invariably lead to the need for interim (contract/temporary) staff to act as a stopgap until such time as the permanent position has been filled, and the new employee trained and up to speed. Flexibility is the watchword here and at Better Healthcare Services we are able to provide that flexible service that is so often missing from other recruitment service suppliers. Make use of our contract / temp divisions whilst we are managing your permanent recruitment, and this will ensure the minimum disruption to income and productivity and guarantee a very cost-effective service for your recruitment programme.
The following process applies to all levels of the recruitment exercise. Our methods depend upon an in-depth understanding of each client’s requirements, including:
- Vacancy description
- Strategy and Research, including Marketing Intelligence Feedback
- Knowledge of the working environment, which includes the Consultant visiting the client’s premises, to gain an in-depth understanding of the company culture
- Personality profile and identification of prospective candidates
- Advising the client about setting the remuneration levels
- Screening all Curriculum Vitae and telephone responses
- Conducting telephone interviews
- Arriving at a preliminary shortlist
- Interviewing short listed candidates against specific criteria agreed with the client
- Presenting a shortlist (typically 4-5 candidates per position/requirement) and arranging interviews with the client
- Arranging second and subsequent interviews and managing the offer process to conclusion
- Dealing with all administration of unsuccessful candidates
The Interview Process
Whichever recruitment process is used, Better Healthcare Services subject each candidate, whatever their level, to the same rigorous and structured interview, in order to arrive at a final selection. The format always includes:
- Curriculum Vitae assessment
- Competency based questions
- Accurate assessment of candidate career requirements
- Analysis of competency based question and answers
- Constructive advice on career and interview technique
- Presentation of company in line with client brief
- Personality Profile Analysis/Psychometric testing is and additional service if required
- Throughout this process candidates are encouraged to talk about their careers, skills and achievements
Typical examples of questions asked include:
- Three major strengths
- Three weaknesses
- What motivates them
- Evidence of leadership/teamwork
- Evidence of personal innovation
- Examples of strategic skills
- How the candidate has dealt with a sensitive issue
- How the candidate overcame their worst business decision to date